Powerbook G3 Bronze Installation

Subject: Powerbook G3 Bronze Installation
From: JCS (chris526@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Sep 10 1999 - 13:37:04 MDT

I am attempting to install YDL 1.1 on a PB400 Bronze. I am getting the
device busy error in pdisk when trying to write the partition map. I am
aware of the advice to reboot the system after trying to write the partition
map but I'm not sure how to do this properly. After quitting pdisk, the only
way to reboot was to use the three finger salute (command, option, power
button). The machine reboots into the MacOS. I then run the BootX App, go
back into the installer by selecting the "Use Ram Disk" checkbox, complete
the installation process, boot into Linux and then I get an "unable to mount
root partition - rebooting in 180 seconds" error. I am using the newest PBG3
1999 kernel.

It seems that others have had similar problems with installation on the
PB400 Bronze and that rebooting after using pdisk has worked for them but I
am having no such luck.