Re: ??"?

Subject: Re: ??"?
From: Neil Jolly (njolly@home.com)
Date: Sat Sep 11 1999 - 10:40:59 MDT

Aaron Levitt wrote:

> [snip]
> >I keep finding empty files named ??"? floating around my system;
>
> I used to get them as well. From what I understand they are Gnome temp
> files. I switched from Gnome to WindowMaker and now I dont get those
> files. As far as I know there isnt anything you can do about them other
> than switch window managers. Just one of Gnome's little quirks.
>
> -Aaron

My understanding is that the empty files with names like ??"? are core dumps from gnome-smproxy.

They were eliminated from my system after I upgraded to the latest versions of gnome-libs (1.0.12-1), gnome-core(1.0.9-1),

and I also upgraded enlightenment though I don't think it was apart of the problem. Thanks go to Fred Bacon of MkLinux for that

info.

--
Neil Jolly
(with Yoda-like voice)