I Still Can't get YDL to Install

Subject: I Still Can't get YDL to Install
From: Erick W. Curtis (ecurt@cache.net)
Date: Sun Sep 12 1999 - 23:33:24 MDT

I while back I wrote in and had some questions about installing YDL 1.1 on
my Blue and Wite G3. I still cannot to get it to install. Here is the
configureation of my system maybe someone has some ideas. I have a B @ W
300 mhz G3 with a 6gb IDE hard drive, 96Megs of RAM the standard 24x IDE
CD-ROM. I have my drive partitioned with 4 gigs for Mac OS (HFS) and 2 gigs
for YDL (unalocated) as well a Adaptec 2906 SCSI card. I have removed all
the cards out of the PCI slots (except for the video card), and preformed a
minimual install of the Mas OS. I put the correct items in the extentions
and control pannels folders and when I click on Lunix at boot up It just
shows the version of the kernel 2.2.6 and than freezes.

Here are 3 things I am thinking might be causeing lunix to freeze.

1.) I am using the USB keyboard and mouse that came with my G3 and have
heard USB doesn't work with Linux.

2.) I am using the Adaptec 2906 SCSI card which is Mac OS extention driven
(note the machine freezes weather I have the SCSI card Installed Or Not)

3.) I receiently updated the firmware on my computer via the G3 firmware
update on apples website and don't know what might be the problem.

Any ideas I really need YDL to work

ecurt@cache.net