Re: xmms on a B&W G3

Subject: Re: xmms on a B&W G3
From: Michael Messano (messano@dicomed.com )
Date: Mon Sep 13 1999 - 11:00:59 MDT

>Ohter than a bit of slowness...(which is still lightyears faster than it
>was before)... I've been running in 32bit mode without a hitch. I'm
>setting mode 18 from the bootx extension and am extremely pleased with it.
>Only thing I could ask more for is the hardware accel. to be put in.
>Havn't tried any lower color settings yet.
>
>Brian
>
>On Mon, 13 Sep 1999, Michael Messano wrote:

        I haven't tried the kernel arguments route yet, but I would
like to. What do you use? I was mostly testing for stability last
week, and my machine stayed up without a hitch for 6 days, so now I
am back to upgrading the various components, and I would like to
resolve the video issue as well. Hardware acceleration would be
great. X is also a little slow for me, but I really can't complain
since my last Linux box only had 2 MB of video memory.

Michael

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}
{} Michael J. Messano {}
{} Assembly Repair Technician {}
{} messano@dicomed.com {}
{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}
{} Dicomed, Inc. {}
{} 1801 79th Avenue S {}
{} Suite 25 {}
{} Bloomington, MN 55425 {}
{} 612.883.0636 {}
{} http://www.dicomed.com {}

"The care of every man's soul belongs to himself.
But what if he neglect the care of it?
Well what if he neglect the care of his health or his estate, which
would more nearly relate to the state.
Will the magistrate make a law that he not be poor or sick?
Laws provide against injury from others; but not from ourselves.
God himself will not save men against their wills."
        -- Thomas Jefferson, October 1776