Re: mounting hfs disk

Subject: Re: mounting hfs disk
From: Benjamin Karas (bjk4@po.cwru.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 13 1999 - 20:08:11 MDT

On Mon, 13 Sep 1999, David P. Riedel wrote:

> michael
>
> when i log in as root and type lsmod i get a line with column headings
> and no lines of output!
>
> i do have a running system so i don't know what this means.

That means you have no loadable modules currently loaded. YDL has
thoughtfully built kernels that require no loadable modules, thus you have
none. If you want any, you must recompile your kernel (see recent
thread).

> i've tried your suggestion for the full path name and i stll get the
> response that hfs is not supported by the kernel.
>
> i tried the insmod command and this had no effect.
>
> thanks for your help
>
> dave
>
> Michael Messano wrote:

I would suggest downloading a newer kernel (either from
ftp://yellowmirror/pub/yellowdog/champion-1.1/ppc/install/ or
ftp://yellowmirror/pub/yellowdog/kernel/2.2.6/ ) Install it in your
System Folder and reenter linux.

The kernels YDL gives us should all have hfs enabled.

-Ben Karas