Re: New IBM RS/6000 B50... and it runs Yellow Dog :)

Subject: Re: New IBM RS/6000 B50... and it runs Yellow Dog :)
From: Scott Hofmann (scott@mapobject.com)
Date: Mon Sep 13 1999 - 20:48:42 MDT

Dan,

I have seen some efforts to get YD ported to RS/6000 43P - 150 as evidenced
by the smaller boot image generated last week.

Is YD going to port to the 43P - 140?

Is there some reason one might believe that this will never happen? For
example, there were only 3 of those machines manufactured or the hardware is
to radically different from the 43P - 150 that a whole new version of YD
would have to be written to run on the 43P - 140 (exaggeration for sake of
making a point ;) ).

Thanks for your help.

Scott
scott@mapobject.com