Re: mounting hfs disk

Subject: Re: mounting hfs disk
From: Jim Cole (greyleaf@yggdrasill.net)
Date: Mon Sep 13 1999 - 21:33:44 MDT

> > when i log in as root and type lsmod i get a line with column headings
> > and no lines of output!
> >
> > i do have a running system so i don't know what this means.
>
> That means you have no loadable modules currently loaded. YDL has
> thoughtfully built kernels that require no loadable modules, thus you have
> none. If you want any, you must recompile your kernel (see recent
> thread).

I am not sure this is true. Well, the part about needing to recompile the
kernel anyway. I am running a stock install from the CS 1.1 media and I do
indeed have several modules that are loaded up by default while booting the
system. These modules include, among other things, the hfs module. Of course
this means naught if you are using an older distribution or have rebuilt your
kernel at some point. If you are using the standard kernel, then you might
want to take a closer look at insmod and the contents of
/lib/modules/2.2.6-16apmac.

Jim