Re: setting QT's PATH for QT 2. And about .profile

Subject: Re: setting QT's PATH for QT 2. And about .profile
From: Paul Schaap (paul.schaap@dingoblue.com.au)
Date: Tue Sep 14 1999 - 05:04:59 MDT

Evan,

> Hey all.
>
> I have attached the INSTALL file that I am reading from and I have set up
> the file "~/.profile" like it asks in the way that it asks but when it
> comes to "./configure" stage, it still claims my QTDIR variable is set to
> "" (nothing).
>
> Anyone have any ideas? Are the .profile files (as suggested for BASH) not
> done in YDL? Is there another file I could put the stuff suggested in
> INSTALL into that would set it up as need be?

Have you either done ". ~/.profile" to reinitialise your environment or
logged
out and back into your machine (which will do the same as ". ~/.profile".

Also I think you may actually need to add the suggested to your
~/.bash_profile
instead as this is actually the default profile for the standard shell
shipping with
YDL. Then run ". ~/.bash_profile" ...

> Thanks to all. Great help.
>
> Evan Read.