Re: Java for yellowdog??

Subject: Re: Java for yellowdog??
From: simon warrington (simon_warrington@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Sep 14 1999 - 11:54:07 MDT

I installed the jdk in /usr/local/ and set the CLASSPATH variable by

export CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:/usr/local/jdk117_v1a/lib/classes.zip
export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/jdk117_v1a/bin

I wanted to set these up so they would be applied at startup in the
.profile? (I can't exactly remember the name of the file) anyway it's in my
home directory and is accessed via

ls -a

I'm currently waiting for the YellowDog cd to arive at home. The install I
have now is from the ftp site. Perhaps there's some difference between
what's on the CD and what you get from the ftp site???

I'm glad to hear that Yellowdog supports Java!! For the past few hours I've
been quite perplexed.

Thanks for the speedy response.