Re: volume

Subject: Re: volume
From: Aaron Levitt (aaron@ultimatewisdom.com)
Date: Wed Sep 15 1999 - 14:52:01 MDT

[snip]
>Try 'gmix'. It's part of GNOME.
>
>On Wed, 15 Sep 1999, Aaron Levitt wrote:
>
>> Ok.. here's one for the list. It seems I can't change the volume on my G3
>> PB. No matter what app I am using xmms, xanim or whatver.. it only seems
>> to play one volume.. loud. in xmms if i use the preamp.. it gets the
>> volume down.. but I think I lose some quality as well. In xanim it wont go
>> down at all. I tried Xmixer, sndmixvol and aumix. If I have everything
>> set to 0 in all of the above.. the sound is still loud. Anyone else
>> have/had this problem, or is it just me?? Any suggestions on a fix??

I'm not running gnome.. just plain window maker.. but I tried gmix anyway..
and this is what I got:

Warning: This version of gmix was compiled with a different version of
soundcard.h.

Error:
No mixers found.
Make sure you have sound support compiled into the kernel.

Any other ideas?
-Aaron
/^\ ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN - AGAINST HTML MAIL
\ /
 X "We have solutions, just not for your computer"
/ \ --Microsoft Tech Support