RE: IBM RS/6000 43P-140

Subject: RE: IBM RS/6000 43P-140
From: Forrester, Benjamin S. (ForresterB@missouri.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 16 1999 - 07:41:11 MDT

Actually I can be very specific.

I type at the ok prompt:
boot floppy:,\ZIMAGE just like the directions say.
The output I get is as follows:

ok
0> boot floppy:,\ZIMAGE INIT-PROGRAM: ELF-LOADER
Endian mode : Load Address = 500000
signature 0x7f454c46 : 7f454c46
class 0x01 : 1
ei_data 0x01 : 1
ei_version 0x01 : 1
type 0x0002 : 2
machine 0x0014 : 14
version 0x00000001 : 1
entry 0x02001b40 : 400000
phoff 0x00000034 : 34
shoff 0x000180f4 : 15f5f4
flags 0x00000000 : 0
ehsize 0x00000034 : 34
phentsize 0x00000020 : 20
phnum 0x00000002 : 2
shentsize 0x00000028 : 28
shnum 0x0000000a : c
shstrndx 0x00000008 : g

No ELF note section found in the image !!! Number of program headers : 2
pheader # 1 -------------------------------------
type = PT_LOAD
offset = 10000
vaddr = 400000
paddr = 510000
filesz = 5a70
memsz = 5a70
flags = 5
align = 10000
about to $sync-cache ... ... done with $sync-cache
pheader # 2 -------------------------------------
type = PT_LOAD
offset = 15a70
vaddr = 415a70
paddr = 515a70
filesz = 1499e8
memsz = 14af94
flags = 6
align = 10000
_

OUTPUT END

Then the machine just sits there. My LED has a 185 and that is all I know.
The above values should be all correct, but I had to key them in all by hand
so there may be a mistake or two. I hope this helps.

Ben