Re: Segmentation fault installing YDL champ 1.1 on RS/6k F50

Subject: Re: Segmentation fault installing YDL champ 1.1 on RS/6k F50
schinder@pobox.com
Date: Thu Sep 16 1999 - 17:57:24 MDT

On Thu, Sep 16, 1999 at 05:08:04PM -0400, Moertel, Tom wrote:
[snip: Install bombs with a seg fault when trying to read a disk]
}
} Any bright folks out there with ideas about how we can finish the install? I
} would really love to see Linux running on this beast.

That sounds like the problem I had with my Zip 100 installing YDL CS
1.1 on my Performa 6400. The installer would seg fault because there
was no Zip in the drive. The solution was to put one in (HFS I think,
but so long as it knows about the filesystem, it probably doesn't
matter).

But I've also read that simply pulling the drive out of the chain will
work. Can you remove the AIX only drives, or is that not a
possibility?

}
} Thanks in advance for your help.
}
} Cheers,
} Tom
}
} P.S. If you could, please cc my email address on any replies to the list.
}
}

--
Paul Schinder