Re: RS/6000 43P

Subject: Re: RS/6000 43P
From: Alberto Varesio (Alberto.Varesio@Pmail.net)
Date: Fri Sep 17 1999 - 05:34:43 MDT

Hallo,

> Has anyone out there had any success installing yellowdog on a 43P ?

Not yet, still trying ...

IMHO the images you (and me) are trying aren't meant for that model.
Model 120, as well as 100 (mine) and 133, do NOT have OF, so they do NOT display
a boot prompt nor handle F8 key.
That model look after a different type of boot floppy, like the ones that
were available for LinuxPPC installation.
I hope YDL people will soon build a backward compatible boot image.

--
 Alberto Varesio - AIX Support Professional             Phone: +39-011-41581-11
 EDIST Spa          >>> Crack RC5-64 Moo @ <<<          Fax:   +39-011-41581-80