Re: MailServer software

Subject: Re: MailServer software
schinder@pobox.com
Date: Fri Sep 17 1999 - 18:33:48 MDT

On Fri, Sep 17, 1999 at 12:04:22PM -0500, Brian Olson wrote:
} I am a bit new to linux and i was wondering what everyone is running
} for mail server software. I realize sendmail comes with yellowdog but
} I have had enough problems with sendmail in the past to wonder if
} there is something better.

There are only two choices if you're concerned about security, qmail
or postfix (http://www.qmail.org, http://www.postfix.org). Personally
I use qmail, and the Yellow Dog lists run on qmail, but it's a bit
different than sendmail. Postfix is designed to be a more drop in
replacement for sendmail.

}
} Thoughts and opinions welcome.
}
} Thanks
} ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
} Brian Olson
} Assoc. Information Processing Consultant
} Dept. of Human Oncology -- Computer Support
} UW Medical School
} 600 highland Dr. K4/546
} Madison WI, 53792
}