Re: Multiple Monitors

Subject: Re: Multiple Monitors
From: Mark Fassler (mfassler@terraplex.com)
Date: Sat Sep 18 1999 - 19:11:49 MDT

Tom Tarka wrote...

> Can I assume that just about any PCI graphics card that Red Hat Linux
> supports will work in my Mac running linux?
>
> I'm considering adding an old Stealth (or other) PCI card that I can get
> from friends and going for multiple monitors...

I would definitely *not* make that assumption. I would ask around first
before buying any video card as to whether it will work on your Mac under
Linux.

I'm not saying that a given card won't work, just that it may or may not.
If you have the chance, try the card first before buying.

(For example, right now I'm trying to get an Intel EtherExpress Pro/100 to
work in my Mac [Why? Because I have a few lying around...] but it doesn't
just automagically work. One of these days when I get enough sleep I'm
going to try to patch the driver...)

--
Mark Fassler
Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.