Re: MySQL: "errors rotating logs" email(s)

Subject: Re: MySQL: "errors rotating logs" email(s)
From: Rich Lafferty (rich@alcor.concordia.ca)
Date: Mon Sep 20 1999 - 12:34:58 MDT

Quoting Jason P. Stanford (jps3@Lehigh.EDU) from Mon, Sep 20, 1999 at 02:31:40PM -0400:
> I keep getting the following email. What does this mean? Is there an
> error or omission in the /etc/rc.d/init.d/mysql script? My understanding
> is that usually one redirects the safe_mysqld script to a log file, but
> this is likely a bad recollection of some old documentation. Do I need
> to do anything, or is this "error" harmless?
>
> > errors occured while rotating /var/lib/mysql/mysql.log
> >
> > stat of /var/lib/mysql/mysql.log failed: No such file or directory

Well, I don't know the mysql side -- I don't use it. But if you're sure
that the nonexistance of /var/lib/mysql/mysql.log isn't a problem, then
you can add 'missingok' to its section in /etc/logrotate.d/mysql (or
a similarly-named file :-). If it's the wrong path that's causing the
problem, just update the path in that file.

  -Rich

 Sysadmin/Programmer, Information and Instructional Technology Services