Re: Listserve suggestion...

Subject: Re: Listserve suggestion...
schinder@pobox.com
Date: Mon Sep 20 1999 - 20:39:08 MDT

On Tue, Sep 21, 1999 at 10:24:03AM +0800, khoogc wrote:
}
} On Mon, 20 Sep 1999 BondTrails@aol.com wrote:
}
} > Hi there fellow YellowDoggers,
} >
} > I am new to the list and plan on searching the archives for a whole butt-load
} > of answers to my YDL problems. In the meantime, let me make a suggestion to
} > the listserver regarding forwarding questions out to the YDL community.
} >
} > Can the listserver add a simple line of text to anyone's email so that a
} > simple macro can move the emails to a proper folder? This way I can set up a
} > rule on my email client to handle such emails. How about adding [YDL] or
} > [YellowDogLinux] to the subject line before of after the actual subject? Or
} > how about adding it to the end of the email body (kinda like a footnote.) I
} > am a member of other listservs and have found their methods of distinguishing
} > their forwarded emails very helpful.
} >
} > Anyone have any other suggestions? Being on AOL severly limits my options!
}
}
} er... I do not have yellowdog yet so please excuse me if this is a stupid
} question. But don't yellowdog have procmail installed?

One can certainly install it if it's not included. I have it running,
although I installed from source since I needed a small patch to run
with qmail, so I don't remember if YDL comes with an rpm. But I doubt
he's using Yellow Dog to access AOL. Even on MacOS, though, good
software (for example, Eudora) allows you to filter on any header.

Of course, if "being on AOL" is a severe limitation, the solution is
obvious.

}
} Cheers
} Richard KHOO Guan Chen