Re: XFree86 3.3.5

Subject: Re: XFree86 3.3.5
From: Evan Read (evan@netaccess.co.nz)
Date: Mon Sep 20 1999 - 21:57:23 MDT

Hey all,

I RPM'd all the stuff in the directory given but can't get any more than 8
bit display out of it.

I rebooted and then Xconfigurated but anything other than 8 bit gives me a
"there is a problem with your configuration" message (and so does some of
the more odd resolutions in 8 bit). I can confirm 640x480, 800x600 and
1024x768 at 8 bit works, everything else seems not to.

I am using an iMac Rev B which I AM selecting from the list of displays.
;).

Xconfigurator seems to detect my chipset ok on startup. Vram = 6 meg,
Accelerated=yes and so forth.

Dan, perhaps some new kernal args are in order? I am currently using the
ones suggested all that time a go when people were having what I remember
were similar problems with CS 1.0.

Thanks.

Ev.