Re: Listserve suggestion...

Subject: Re: Listserve suggestion...
From: Rich Lafferty (rich@alcor.concordia.ca)
Date: Mon Sep 20 1999 - 22:43:44 MDT

Quoting BondTrails@aol.com (BondTrails@aol.com) from Tue, Sep 21, 1999 at 12:11:45AM -0400:
> I vote on [YDL General] added to the subject line before the actual subject
> or a signature footnote at the end of the message saying "YellowDog Linux
> Mailing List"

No. Changing the subject is annoying; learn to filter your mail the
way everyone else does. But changing the *body* of the message is
outright *wrong*.

If your mailer doesn't show the "To:" or "Cc:" header that contains
"yellowdog-general@lists.yellowdoglinux.com", then your mailer is
severely broken. Replace it.

   -r.

 Sysadmin/Programmer, Information and Instructional Technology Services