Re: Listserve suggestion...

Subject: Re: Listserve suggestion...
From: Raymond Cote (rgacote@AppropriateSolutions.com)
Date: Tue Sep 21 1999 - 17:16:49 MDT

I belong to several lists that send out 'How to Unsubscribe' Emails about once a month. I find this tends to be useful (particularly with lists I subscribed to years ago and have since lost the instructions.)

At least two lists also send me monthly mail saying 'you are subscribe to list xxx using the Email account xxx. Send xxx for help on the list and instructions to unsubscribe.' This is also useful since I've changed Email accounts several times.

Thanks
Ray

>On Tue, 21 Sep 1999, Dan Burcaw wrote:
>

>> I can add an unsubscription footer on all messages. All in favor?
>
>I'm against modifying everyone's email in general, though I think you
>might do so in your .signature to ward of the recent attack of
>unsubscribes.
>

>> Dan
>>
>> Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.
>> Yellow Dog Linux
>> "The Ultimate Companion for a Dedicated Server"
>> http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/

Raymond Cote, President Appropriate Solutions, Inc.
www.AppropriateSolutions.com rgacote@AppropriateSolutions.com
603.924.6079(v) POB 458, Peterborough, NH 03458 603.924.8668(f)