Re: httpd: bad user name httpd

Subject: Re: httpd: bad user name httpd
From: Stephen Lewis (lewis@napanet.net)
Date: Tue Sep 21 1999 - 21:37:59 MDT

Well the Apache rpm on the YDL distro seems to work OK
and in the /etc/passwd file there are following users:

httpd:x:15:60:httpd:/home/httpd:
nobody:x:99:99:Nobody:/:

and in /etc/group there are the following groups:

httpd::60:
nobody::99:

My guess (only a guess) is that these are different on your
system and that Apache is trying to tell you it expects these
users/numbers/groups(?). Whether they are in a config file I don't know.

Stephen Lewis