Can I skip the installer's GUI-based assignment of partitions to FS mount points?

Subject: Can I skip the installer's GUI-based assignment of partitions to FS mount points?
From: Moertel, Tom (TMoertel@seic.com)
Date: Wed Sep 22 1999 - 15:21:01 MDT

I asked the list earlier about this but didn't get many responses, and so
I'll try again from a different angle.

We're tying to install YDL CS 1.1 on a loaded RS/6000 F50. The installer
works fine until after we partition the drives. Then it tries to read the
partition maps on the drives before letting us assign mount points (e.g.,
"/" or "/usr") to partitions. Unfortunately, the installer can't seem to
handle AIX's partitioning format, which some of the drives must use, and it
clains that such drives are corrupt. It provides an option to Skip such
drives, when we try to skip a drive, the installer segfaults and dies.

I'm sure that we can *run* YDL on this F50, if we can just get through the
install. Any ideas?

Thanks very much for your help, and thanks to the folks who tried to help us
earlier.

Cheers,
Tom