Freeze w/ fdisk

Subject: Freeze w/ fdisk
From: James Chamberlain (chamberl@magpage.com)
Date: Thu Sep 23 1999 - 07:57:34 MDT

Hi,
        I am new to yellow dog linux, although I have been using linux on
i386 for the last three or four years. I am having a problem install the
most current copy of yellow dog linux on a Apple PowerPC 5400. I can boot
into the Redhat installer but when I try to run DiskDruid or fdisk from
the gui or from the command line the system freezes and I must reboot. I
have let it sit to see if it would recover for up to 15 minutes so I think
that it is really frozen. I have read on other lists that is could be
related to the cache or virtual memory settings in MacOS. Does anyone have
any advise on how to get beyond this problem?

Thanks in advance for your help,

James

chamberl@magpage.com