Re: Sharing Files Between Mac and Linux

Subject: Re: Sharing Files Between Mac and Linux
From: Evan Read (eread@netaccess.co.nz)
Date: Sun Sep 26 1999 - 01:57:22 MDT

use the "mount" command to mount your Mac's HFS partition....

you should know what it is called when you installed.

For example, I mount my HFS parition by using:

mount -t hfs /dev/hda5 /mnt/hfs

(you will need to do a "mkdir /mnt/hfs" to create that mount point the
first time)...

mount does the mounting, "-t" tells mount what kinda format the parition
is in, "/dev/hda5" tell mount which partition to mount and "/mnt/hfs" is
where I can then access that partition in the Linux filesystem.

"man mount" if you need more info.

If you need to access the files of the cdrom, "mount /mnt/cdrom" (I think
you don't need to tell it where to get it because it is already in your
fstab - file system table?)....

Cool?