KDE font error on Xterminal.

Subject: KDE font error on Xterminal.
From: Bernie Mentink (ebike@paradise.net.nz)
Date: Tue Sep 28 1999 - 17:37:07 MDT

Hi All,

I am having trouble running a KDE session on an Xterminal connected to
my Linux Box ( iMac RevA, YellowDog CS 1.1)
Here is what I have observed:-
 I get the KDE login window on my Xterminal and enter my login and
password.
 I get the desktop ( sometimes with the icons) and I have normal
right-button menu so
 I can logout again.
On the Linux Box, I have observed ( with top) that kpanel is
continuously running ( owned by Xterminal user)
seems to be continously writing errors to the .xsession-errors file
(huge MB's), the only way to stop
it is to kill the Kpanel process. The error is :-

-----------------------------------
maudio: Cannot open audio device.
PID could not get read.
PID could not get read.
PID could not get read.
PID could not get read.
QFont::setPointSize: Point size <= 0 (0)
QFont::setPointSize: Point size <= 0 (0)
QFont::setPointSize: Point size <= 0 (0)

The last line repeats indefinetly.
It obiously is complaining about a font, but which one. Is it an X font
a KDE font, a local Xterminal font. I'm stuck.
Please help. Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Bernie.

--