RE: RE: Can I skip the installer's GUI-based assignment of partit ionsto FS mount points?

Subject: RE: RE: Can I skip the installer's GUI-based assignment of partit ionsto FS mount points?
From: Moertel, Tom (TMoertel@seic.com)
Date: Wed Sep 29 1999 - 07:05:25 MDT

Steve Scherbinski <Scherbis@meijer.com> wrote:

> I didn't think you could share a drive between AIX and Linux.

We're not actually sharing the drives. When we boot into AIX, we'll use the
AIX drives. When we boot into Linux, we'll use the Linux drives. It's just
that we have 14 drives in our F50 and can afford to dedicate certain drives
to be accessible only under one OS or the other.

> I thought AIX expected to own the whole drive. The only way
> I thought you could "dual" boot was to put AIX on one drive,
> ie: hdisk0 and Linux on another, hdisk1, and select which one
> to boot at the SMS menu.

We are putting Linux and AIX on separate drives. We're not trying to put
Linux and AIX on the same drives.

Cheers,
Tom