Re: dir colors

Subject: Re: dir colors
From: Aaron Levitt (aaron@ultimatewisdom.com)
Date: Wed Sep 29 1999 - 08:48:41 MDT

[snip]
>you need 2 things...first, use dircolors to setup the info from
>/etc/DIR_COLORS
>then set the ls aliase...from my /etc/bashrc file:
>eval `dircolors -b`
>alias ls="ls --color"

I am using bash. I already had the alias for ls --color in my
/etc/bashrc so I just read the man page on dircolors as well as the
info. I added the eval line to /etc/bashrc and still get the same
result. Dirs are blue, most executables are green, but no red or any
other color. What am I missing here??

-Aaron

/^\ ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN - AGAINST HTML MAIL
\ /
  X "We have solutions, just not for your computer"
/ \ --Microsoft Tech Support