PowerBook 3400c & YDL CS 1.1

Subject: PowerBook 3400c & YDL CS 1.1
From: Dennis Murphy (dmurphy@leguin.montclair.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 29 1999 - 16:55:41 MDT

Hi all!

        I have a few questions regarding YDL CS 1.1 and a PowerBook 3400c.

Vital stats:
-----------
PowerPC 603e, 200MHz
48 MB RAM
2 GB HD
Using built-in Ethernet adapter

1) What display type should I use to setup X? It's an LCD panel, running
at 800x600xThousands of colors in MacOS. The standard "LCD Panel 800x600"
didn't work; the PowerBook G3 display worked, but the first time I start
X, everything is blue. After that, it's fine.

2) How should I configure networking? I _think_ I set things up okay, but
now the NFS server (as well as the route command) returns a "neighbour
table overflow" error message. Odd. Any suggestions?

3) Is there any sort of power-management for this sort of laptop? I'd
like to have auto-sleep functionality, as well as knowing how much life is
left in my battery. It died on me the other day, and the next fsck wasn't
fun. :-)

Thanks for all your help -- YDL seems like a _GREAT_ product!!!

---
  Dennis Murphy