Re: PowerBook 3400c & YDL CS 1.1

Subject: Re: PowerBook 3400c & YDL CS 1.1
From: frame (frame@deadprotocol.org)
Date: Wed Sep 29 1999 - 18:14:24 MDT

Well Dennis,

The standard PowerBook G3 display is 1024 x 768, so you're sitting pretty if
that setting is supported.

I don't know about your NFS trouble, do you have any more details?

And as far as power management, I agree. I have found that running YDL
consumes about 25 to 35 percent more power on my powerbook than MacOS. I'd
like to see a battery charge indicator, sleep mode, AND have the powerbook
automatically go to sleep when you fold down the display, as it does in
MacOS, I've noticed the screen stays on under linux, even when closed. I
thought this was a hardware feature, but it seems I was wrong.

Greg