Newbie Networking Question

Subject: Newbie Networking Question
From: Erich R. Carter (swvi@taconic.net)
Date: Wed Sep 29 1999 - 23:38:47 MDT

<waving white flag> OK, could someone point me to a simplified
FAQ/HOW-TO on networking an Intel RH 6.0 system and my B&W G3 running
YDL 1.1? I have some linux experience (in a single desktop
environment), but I finally decided to bite the bullet (have 2...got a
really large file I need to move from one puter to the other) and
connect my Mac (upstaires) with my X86 PC (downstairs). I have
everything working well in MACOS/WIN 98 side, but I think I've spent the
last couple of days reading too many books, and LDP HOW-TO's and have
managed to scramble my brain :(. On both systems I have just done a
fresh install of everything, all errata updates have been applied, and
I have opted to NOT install networking during instalation, so the only
ifconfig interface runing is the local loopback device., with
localhost.localdomain.

I hope this question isn't to far off topic, but all the people here
look at me weird if I even ask a UNIX question, let alone a Linux
question.

Thanks,
Erich R. Carter
http://www.simmonsway.com