ORB Drive and Partition Map???

Subject: ORB Drive and Partition Map???
From: Stu Parker (srparker@home.ifx.net)
Date: Thu Sep 30 1999 - 13:54:20 MDT

I have made numerous attempts to install YDL on an external SCCI 2.2 GB ORB
drive, with no success.

1) While booting into the ram disc from Boot X, I get a message saying
the installer can not read the partition map of the drive.

2) I am able to config the partition using fdisc but when I try to write the
new map I get a message saying that the device is busy or not configured.

I have tried using Apple HD SC Setup 7.3.5 (w/patch) to config partition
map, with same read error.

3) As I proceed with the install the part map holds as I set up for root and
swap.

4) The installer proceeds and writes the selected packages to the drive. All
looks normal.

5) At reboot into the proper root, I get another message saying that YDL is
unable to read the partition map and no boot.

Any suggestions??!!??

TIA

Stu