Linux Video Driver Question

Subject: Linux Video Driver Question
From: something (macuser666@home.com)
Date: Thu Sep 30 1999 - 16:50:48 MDT

I've been using Champion Server 1.1 on my Rev B iMac (96 megs RAM) for a
while now after having purchased it and its one of the best distributions
I've ever used, the best for PPC. Though I know the system much better now
then ever before, I'm still a newbie. My question is this, I've noticed that
video output is increadibly slow due to the lack of a video driver on my
Mac, but everything else is lightning fast. I'm planing on building a gamers
dream PC (I am in no way adondoning my Mac, its just that it limits me as a
gamer) thats Athlon based and I plan on using Win 2K (or NT if its not out
yet, anything but 9x....) and Redhat Linux on it and S3's new Savage 2000
video card. S3 now offers native Linux drivers, will this improve rendering
speed under Linux GUIs? Thank you for your time!

~Christopher