Re: USB + a little Re: Sound

Subject: Re: USB + a little Re: Sound
From: Evan Read (eread@netaccess.co.nz)
Date: Thu Sep 30 1999 - 18:14:52 MDT

On Fri, 01 Oct 1999, you wrote:
> --- You wrote:
> Try BootX version 1.1.3. If it's not fixed, then you need to use external
> speakers or headphones. The audio driver *is* being worked on.
> --- end of quote ---
>
> FYI all I have tried BootX 1.1.3 (both extension and aplication) to no avail. - still no sound...
>
> How about USB stuff? sure would like to hook my pilot to my usb-serial...
>
> Thanks,
> -m

I remember hearing somewhere that turning off Virtual Memory in MacOS can help
the sound problem.

Also, for me, the sound doesn't work unless I reboot and let the extension
work. Just loading it up inside a MacOS session makes the sound fail.

Can't think of anything else apart form waiting for the new kernal.

Hopefully the new kernal will help Netscape be more stable (aparently KDE
freezing with Netscape is a kernal bug) and might make Xset work ;)

Cya

Ev.