Re: Mailing list & Digest info

magnus.larsson@mandator.se
Date: Fri Oct 01 1999 - 00:33:24 MDT

Can someone PLEASE remove me from all ydl mailing lists??

//Magnus

Dan Burcaw <dburcaw@terraplex.com> on 1999-10-01 00:00:23

Please respond to yellowdog-general@lists.yellowdoglinux.com

To: yellowdog-general@lists.yellowdoglinux.com
cc: (bcc: Magnus Larsson/KARLSTAD/SE/MANDATOR AB)

Hey all,

So i've looked into adding digest support to the mailing list.
Unfortunatly, I can't just modify the list, ezmlm seems to require that
digests are setup when the list is created. (I know how to do this).

Soo.. if we're going to work to improve the mailing lists, here's what I
propose...

* List restructure:
               yellowdog-announce
               yellowdog-general
               yellowdog-devel
               yellowdog-security
               blacklab-general

* All lists have digest capabilities.

Now, for announce and general, the lists would have to be recreated. I
*can* resubscribe everyone currently on the list.

If the above new lists are a good idea, I might setup yellowdog-devel
soon and we can test out digests and such before we make the switch.

Thoughts?
Dan

Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.
   Yellow Dog Linux