Re: ydl1.1 & pmac 7200 woes

Subject: Re: ydl1.1 & pmac 7200 woes
From: Bob Kuehne (rpk@sgi.com)
Date: Fri Oct 01 1999 - 11:00:15 MDT

On Fri, 1 Oct 1999, root wrote:

> Have you tried the "no video driver" option in BootX?

yes, as well as a variety of cmode kernel options - none seem to work.

> I used to have a 7200/90 up until about a year ago, so I'm still fairly
> familiar with the hardware, the video setup is fairly standard.
>
> You might have to feed BootX some kernel options though.

this seems to be likely the rub, but i don't know what the options are. :(

> P.S. Don't suppose you could ship me a R5400 board for my O2? ;)

no, but i know of a sales rep who would. ;)

bob kuehne | there was coffee. | applications
rpk@sgi.com | life would go on. | consulting
248/848-4465 | william gibson, the winter market | sgi