Re: sticky mouse...

Subject: Re: sticky mouse...
From: Jim Cole (greyleaf@yggdrasill.net)
Date: Fri Oct 01 1999 - 12:39:18 MDT

Hi.

Actually, this is exactly what it is supposed to do by default. Though it does
take some getting used to. Essentially, the trackpad is setup to interpret any
"tap" on its surface as a mouse click. Depending on where the pointer is at
the time, this can cause all sorts of seemingly bizarre behavior if you are
not aware of what is going on. Generally if you find that it has "grabbed"
something, you can free it with a single or double tap on the trackpad.

This was sort of annoying when I first started using my PB, but it is kind of
cool once you get used to it. If you don't want to get used to it :) there
is a tool for turning this feature off...

http://xenu.phys.uit.no/~alvin/linux/trackpad_tool.tar.gz

If I remember correctly, you just execute it with the tap or notap option to
turn this feature on or off, respectively.

Jim

frame's bits of Fri, 1 Oct 1999 translated to: