RE: kernel panic, newbie, ppc 7200

Subject: RE: kernel panic, newbie, ppc 7200
From: Turnquist,Wayne (WayneTurnquist@chi-midwest.org)
Date: Fri Apr 28 2000 - 10:30:06 MDT

i ran into a kernel panic when i first set it up. my panic problems was
caused by the following
        when i was in the pdisk utility and after i did the write to disk, i
would issue the q command and then continue with the setup

what i should of done is instead of issueing the q command, i rebooted my
machine and started the install again. once i came to the point in the
install to run the pdisk, i skip it and continued the install process.

then the install and boot worked

ps. let me know if you get any mime errors when you boot into linux and
issue the startx command for the first time