Kernel Panic - machine type

Subject: Kernel Panic - machine type
From: Chris Ruprecht (cruprech@compucom.com)
Date: Mon Apr 02 2001 - 06:51:09 MDT

Hi all,

I managed to get my newly created kernel to start booting. When it checks the machine type, it panics.
When I built it, I told it it's a PowerMac and that I want AltiVec enabled but that doesn't seem to work too well. What should I tell it?
It's a PowerMac 9600 with a NewerTech G4/400 CPU upgrade.
when I do a 'cat /proc/CPU' it tells me that is sees a 7400 (G4) at 410 MHZ with 96 MB RAM (RAM is expensive for these old machines). It also reports "Old World" - I forgot if it does that here or somewhere else.

Best regards,
Chris