Re: How do I boot a Mac from the CD?

Subject: Re: How do I boot a Mac from the CD?
From: Mike Melanson (melanson@pcisys.net)
Date: Wed Apr 25 2001 - 07:31:58 MDT

On Tue, 24 Apr 2001, andu wrote:

> Sounds like you never used a mac before...

        I admit it's been 3+ years since I've touched one...

> If I understand correctly, you have system 8 running already.
> Start up the machine, have the MacOS cd in, go in Control panels, choose
> Startup disk and select the cd.
> Restart the machine and it'll boot off the cd.

        Okay, that worked. Now I have to figure out exactly how to
repartition the drives. Am I supposed to re-partition and reformat the
drive entirely, and re-install MacOS and BootX on a tiny partition and
then let YDL handle the rest?

> That being said, don't expect miracles from Linux on ppc.

        I'm still looking for a support group to help me cope with the
social stigma of owning an Apple computer...:) Seriously, I do want to
make this work and I have some programs I want to port to the platform.

--
	-Mike Melanson