Re: YDL server goes deaf to incoming connections

Subject: Re: YDL server goes deaf to incoming connections
From: Stew Benedict (stewb@centurytel.net)
Date: Fri Apr 27 2001 - 04:27:40 MDT

This is a common problem with PPC Linux. You don't have to actually
reboot, you can (as root):

/etc/rc.d/init.d/network restart

I suspect there are some problems with the ethernet drivers, or the
hardware. My Powerbook will occasionally decide to stop talking to the
rest of the network, and we've seen other iMac users with similar
problems. If it really becomes a regular problem, I know some folks setup
a cron script to check the connection and then run the command above if
it's down. I've found that current sessions to the machine continue on
without having to re-telnet in, after running it. Newer kernels may have
fixed the problem - does anyone know?

Stew Benedict