Adaptec AHA-2940U2 SCSI Card

Subject: Adaptec AHA-2940U2 SCSI Card
From: Tom Tarka (tommy@mp3.com)
Date: Wed Aug 02 2000 - 18:49:38 MDT

Stupid question, but I don't feel like buying a card that won't work
with Yellowdog, so here goes. The supported hardware page
says that Adaptec 2940 SCSI cards are supported. Is this inclusive
of the Adaptec 2940U2 Card and/or is there any difference
between the Mac and PC versions of this PCI card.

I wouldn't expect there to be, but I know that Initio's Miles u2w
PC and Mac cards are different enough that the kernel support for the
PC card doesn't get you anywhere with the Mac card.

Any experience/info appreciated.

Thanks,