Re: Linux on Expansion Bay Drive

Subject: Re: Linux on Expansion Bay Drive
From: Adam Oliner (adam@rpdesign.com)
Date: Wed Aug 09 2000 - 10:08:15 MDT

Am I changing yaboot.conf to reflect that change, or am I only typing
something different into the OF prompt? My yaboot.conf reads like
this:

init-message = "\nWelcome to Yellow Dog Linux!\nHit <TAB> for boot
options.\n\n"
timeout = 150
default = install

image = ultra0:9,vmlinux-2.2.17pre13-ben1
     label = install
     initrd = ultra0:9,ramdisk.image.gz
     initrd-size = 8192
     append = "video=aty128fb:vmode:17"

And I type, at the OF prompt:

boot ultra0:9,yaboot

It says the partition is not valid.

I have noticed that filenames seem to have been appended so that
yaboot.conf was yaboot.con and yaboot.tbx, not yaboot.tbxi. Will this
make a difference? Must I download the disk image again? Is there a
procedure I can follow in the MacOS to get these files onto their
respective partitions intact?

--

Adam Oliner Director of Technology Reference Point Design <http://www.rpdesign.com>