Pismo Keyboard problem Solved: new problems popped up!

Subject: Pismo Keyboard problem Solved: new problems popped up!
From: William A. Harkness (quasar@mail.csuchico.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 18 2000 - 13:08:00 MDT

Thanks to Ken, the problem was solved by just simply going to OF and typing
boot hd:11,yaboot.tbxi (all of the guides excluded the .tbxi extension for
some reason, so make note of that for future Pismo users, in fact some of
the Pismo users suggested typing boot hda:11,yaboot.tbxi (including the
letter 'a' after the hd seemed to solve some Pismo users' problems. .)

Now, second problem (sigh) It has to do with the YDL installation itself,
the mousconfig doesn't even run at all (even with all the latest Ben's
drivers in my HFS parition). I believe I can skip that particular config
and everything else on that list (at the very end of the installation, for
network/password/mouseconfig/startinstall/endinstall/etc) by pressing f12.

I figured that perhaps I would be able to manually config it later on.
(yeah right, well, I'm due for a laugh . .ya know!)

Anyway, I figured I could skip the whole Dependency Modules, and just hit
f12 and rebooting into Linux, another YDL installation problem occured,
(you know where it states "Welcome to YDL, Press "I" for interactive screen
or whatever). It would go through the process.

*gabbygook* [passed!]
*gabbygook* [passed!]
Activating Swap parition swap on: Cannot open /etc/fstab no such file or
directory [FAILED!]

Root password needed! (I know I need to put some password there, that was
part of the Dependency Module, but I wanted to solve the Mouse first)

it would then request that I go into Control-D to get to root. None of your
FAQ questions on YDL deals with that.

I checked http://modctek.com/linux_report.htm and it mentioned something
about Dependency Modules were not loading (I'm assuming those 6 previous
things (mous config/start install/network/root password/end installation)
menus are the "Dependency Modules". So I went directly to the root and
typed

mount -t hfs /dev/hda11/mnt/hfs

that didn't do anything. .it just registered as an error. So I don't think
I'm in Linux yet, but at the very very very bottom of it.

Smile, It's gonna be one very interesting guideline I'm gonna make, in
turns to thanking you guys for helping me out on this one.

BILL