Re: No sound

Subject: Re: No sound
From: Dan Burcaw (dburcaw@terraplex.com)
Date: Thu Aug 31 2000 - 10:42:56 MDT

>Well after digging through the archives I found a solution..
>
>insmod dmasound
>
>Further reading, I see where this was causing problems with some G4s ? And
>not compiled in by default or something.
>
>Anyway, it appears to be working fine for me at the moment. Will I need to
>run that command everytime after reboot ? Or how could I go about getting
>it in by default ?
>
>Kevin,

I suggest in the future you check the Solutions page regularly. It answers
common questions like how to
activate sound. In fact, it talks about getting sound running by default..
swing on over there. (It is on the support page)

Regards,
Dan

Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.
  http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/

  Yellow Dog Linux
  http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/

  Black Lab Linux
  Advanced Workstations, Parallel, and Embedded Solutions
  http://www.blacklablinux.com/