Re: Help with setting up a pop server

Subject: Re: Help with setting up a pop server
From: Robert Brandtjen (rob@prometheusmedia.com)
Date: Sun Aug 05 2001 - 18:11:11 MDT

on 8/5/01 4:20 PM, Graham Leggett at minfrin@sharp.fm wrote:

> All the sendmail installations I have encountered deliver mail in a
> serial fashion. As a result, if one mail message cannot be delivered for
> whatever reason, no other messages can be delivered until the stuck
> message times out, and a backlog follows. At high traffic sites this
> backlog can cause serious (many hours) delay to email delivery.

The version I run - 8.11.2 does not seem to have that problem, messages
ending up here and undeliverable do not stop the message queue - now it only
handles around 200-250 messages per hour, but everything keeps moving along.

 Robert Brandtjen
 Web Site Creation and Hosting Services
 Hostmaster@prometheusmedia.com
 www.prometheusmedia.com