Re: Request: header

Subject: Re: Request: header
From: Christopher Murtagh (christopher.murtagh@mcgill.ca)
Date: Wed Aug 08 2001 - 14:16:22 MDT

On Wed, 8 Aug 2001, michael wrote:
>I would normally consider adding [YDL] to the subject line to be a
>reasonable request and am in favor of doing so, except that it needs to
>be an intelligent prepending, so that we don't have subject lines of
>"[YDL] re: [YDL] re: [YDL] ad infinitum". I'm in favor if that will not
>happen.

 And this is precisely the reason why many people would rather not have
the subject changed.

 I really don't see all the fuss. Just about any email client will allow
you to filter email by any recipient address. I simply told PINE (*my*
favorite email client) to take any email with a recipient that matched
'yellowdog-general@lists.yellowdoglinux.com' to a folder called yellowdog.

Cheers,

Chris

--

Christopher Murtagh Webmaster / Sysadmin Web Communications Group McGill University Montreal, Quebec Canada