Re: Epson Stylus Color 480 SXU.

Subject: Re: Epson Stylus Color 480 SXU.
From: Merrill Aldrich (maldrich@netwalk.com)
Date: Sat Aug 11 2001 - 11:15:43 MDT

Hi Jose -

Here is what I did to get my Epson 880 (USB) printer working -- it might be useful
even if your printer is not USB:

1. Download and install the kernel from
ftp://ftp.terraplex.com/pub/users/dburcaw/kernel-2.4.4-3b/

2. Reboot

3. Open a super user terminal window and add the printer and serial port modules to
the kernel:

insmod printer
insmod macserial

4. Also as Super User, run printtool

printtool&

5. Use the Add button to add a local printer. Under Input Filter, find Epson in the
list on the left, then select a model close to yours on the right. "stcany" (Stylus
Color Any Model) might be good to try.)

6. Close the dialog boxes, then choose restart lpd from the lpd menu

7. Choose "print postscript test page"

I hope this is helpful!