Re: Sendmail help

Subject: Re: Sendmail help
From: Charlie Watts (cewatts@frontier.net)
Date: Sat Aug 11 2001 - 13:09:18 MDT

On Sat, 11 Aug 2001, Brian Watson wrote:

> I did watch out for that, and that's not the problem...I am tending
> to thing it's the way sendmail is configured. Also, what's the
> difference between:
>
> ns.domain.com. IN A ip
>
> and
>
> ns.domain.com. A ip
>
> Does the IN play a significant role?

In (at least recent versions of) BIND, the IN is optional.

Hrm ... I really hate sendmail - I've been using Postfix for a few years
now, and it's faster and easier (for me) to set up.

The domain doubling issue ... perhaps in sendmail you configure a
fully-qualified host name as well as a domain name, when it expected just
a local host name and a domain name? Sorry I can't help. :(

--
Charlie Watts
cewatts@frontier.net