Installing on Old World G3

Subject: Installing on Old World G3
From: Jennifer Charrey (tsubasako@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Aug 23 2001 - 17:29:55 MDT

Hi Guys...

I have checked the archives for an answer to no avail, so here goes: I am
trying to install YDL 2.0 for the first time, on a Beige G3/266 into which I
have put a 30G hard dive. I have tried about six different partitioning
schemes, but every time I get to the partitioning part of the installation,
I get a "Partitioning Error: No Drives Detected" or something like that. I
have tried the following schemes:
15G HFS+, 15G unallocated
8G HFS+, 10G unallocated, 12G HFS+
8G HFS+, 22G unallocated
6G HFS+, 24G Linux Home
6G HFS+, 24G unallocated
BootX is working fine, the CD installed the base config fine on a New World
G3 with 60G... but on my home computer, nothing. Does anyone know what
gives? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jenn