Re: How to start with X

Subject: Re: How to start with X
From: Brett Humphreys (bhumphre@cs.ohiou.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 05 2000 - 06:09:04 MST

looks at /etc/HOSTNAME for your hostname.

For going directly into X, look at the following file:
/etc/inittab

change the line that looks like:
id:3:initdefault:

id:5:initdefault:

this makes you boot to runlevel 5, which basically means X. You do not have
to restart you computer, you can then just do:
telinit 5

right then, and you will switch to runlevel 5.

Hope that helps.
-b